Monday, August 18, 2008

Louisville Ironman

We are going to Louisville!

I can hear it now, "JAN MCCULLOUGH, YOU...ARE...AN...IRONMAN!"

(the announcer says the finisher's name like this everytime one crosses the finish line)

Jan participated in 2/3 of the Sodus Triathlon yesterday. After practicing in Lake Ontario she opted out of the swim. Seems the two foot waves didn't agree with her. So she waited and was let in to the last two segments about 30 minutes after the swimmers began. Of course her times don't count, but it was still a good workout.

We are taking an educated guess that the Ohio River won't have two foot waves. The next eleven days are for resting, sleeping (maybe not falling asleep on the couch at 8pm every night, but staying up until 10pm?), and a few shorter workouts.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

The announcer better watch out-he has competition! Renee has been saying those words regularly, and it is increasing as we get closer to time to go! She even woke me up last night saying it in her sleep! As long as I don't have to wake up to the cow bell...which I believe she has already packed, so I'm safe! :)

Anonymous said...

She is fit and fast. The only problem I see is she might have to prove she is in the 45 to 49 age group. She looked like a kid runnung on the canal this morning. I think Lou even tried a "move" before he realized it was Jan.